Monthly Archives: October 2011
Some important changes to the Netflix API go into effect next Friday ie Oct 14th. In summary, the Netflix API will focus exclusively on Streaming content and remove all DVD-related information.
This fundamental change on the Netflix API side affects FeedFliks (and other applications based on their API) in very direct ways that you should know about.
How does this affect you?
- You will no longer be able to view or modify your DVD queue from FeedFliks
- FeedFliks will no longer be able to show you how many titles you’ve been renting each week/month etc.
- FeedFliks will no longer be able to tell how many days you have held onto DVDs and send you the alerts that you might have signed up for.
- Information on your ratings and recommendations will only be for Streaming titles and not DVD titles.
- Other interesting trends such as ‘Most Queued on DVD’ or ‘DVD vs Instant Watch’ will no longer be possible to show.
If you have any further questions, please leave comments here or email us as firstname.lastname@example.org